Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lovely Dendrochronology

Helllllooooo Darlin Dears,

I hope you all had a lovely thanksgiving....I know I did:) This is the first year in a long while that I was not away on buisness and I convinced the whole of my family that they needed to come to the farm...and they did:) I got a really great picture of me and my two brothers...I will try to post that really soon:) I just need to start taking more pictures at family functions honestly....i am bad at that :)

I sure do have some lovely news folks......

In about a month and a half, I turn 26....the last 3 or 4 months I have been thinking about age and time...and all that one person goes through and what kind of visible and non visible marks that life leaves....

In celebration of change and all that becomes new, if you wish it so, I am starting a new art series that concentrates on not only a few of my older pictures and lots of new ones, but on the lovley presentation.... Pairing my life of living in a cottage with bearded Gnomes, with the study of tree rings:)


Yes:) "Lovely Dendrochronology" is an in depth series on my love for the circles found in trees, and for the lovely things in this sweet old world that create my own tree rings:)

I promise here on the blog to do the best I can do when it comes to documentation of the series and such.....I shall be working on it nearly every day for the next two months:)

I have been studying tree rings for the last three years and have become well versed in understanding what each color, break and width of ring means, according to the type of tree.....it is a very facinating subject that often brings me inspiration.... I took the time to really sit down and think about why that is so...

It is because of the grain honestly...the color and the grain I try to imagine as a mirror....I have a medallion of walnut in my room that is exactly as old as I was when it was chopped down...23:) So much beauty in the grain alone..

...& then you compliment it with captures, & I find myself happier than a peach:)

Here are some sneak peeks of one of my early pieces:)




I shall hang all of the pieces at "Cuppies & Joe" on Tuesday the 18th of January :) One day after my birthday:) there shall be no fancy opening, just an opportunity for you all to come and see the pieces :)

Now I am off to go and write about a tiny bear I named Birch and feed the Hungry Gnomes who are staring at me through my picture window:)

I send my love and kisses on foreheads your way Darlin Dears,

Cheers, Beards & Banjos

Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: