Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mistletoe :)

Hellooooooo Loves:)


Me and Mistletoe have had an interesting history... When I was 3, I chased my dog around the house, hovering Mistletoe over it's head, trying to kiss him....when I was 7, I was chased by a boy at school who was holding the green plant, trying to kiss me, and I kicked him.... The plant often appeared during my highschool years and almost ended up as a tattoo of course....what girl would not want Mistletoe creeping up her ankle?:) When I was 21ish and just beggining my art carrer, It grew in a tree just outside of my art studio window, and I climbed that tree and cut it from the tree, and sold it to make rent:)

Yesterday I saw it.....

Hanging in a door way....

Practically singing to me...

I felt like a small bird trapped in it's Nostalgia.....

I just wanted to take the time to twirl my skirt for the sake of Nostalgia and Holidays....Forming your own traditions.... Creating those memories.... Taking joy in the uniqueness of the children around you, and the joy that settles in your smile when you see the simple things taken beyond words and the ways of the world...

I send all of my kisses to you Mistletoe.... from me at 3...at 7...at 15...at 21...& at Yesterday.... the change of life, and with that the growth we take...the small decisions that form the bigger tree.... The people we meet and learn to love, then take away the unique joy of their time given....

I Love you Mistletoe....for being a symbol of something small, grown within memories to be something great:)



............................................................

Here is also some new art:)

"Knowing Your Sweet Laugh, As Well As Your Name"



....this capture is based off of a memory....sweet smiles....sweet whispers... the joy of new Stories.... ones come to light I guess you could say:)


I wish you all a lovely Christmas & you have no idea how much joy and sweet smiles I send your way:)

Cheers, Beards & Banjos

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that piece of art. mischievous, mysterious and warm.
Happy Holidays to you as well.