Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apples do not stifle Crying :)


Hello my Darlin Dears, Acorn collecting meadow creatures and you adorable Gnomes who keeping showing up with random pumpkins to feed to the pigs,

Miss Lamb your lady of the plains and comical farmer here,

I know… I know.. it has been a while ehh?:)

Well, there has been a reason for that. The Lovely Blog is now going to specialize in farming adventures, stories, antics, moments and of course Recipes J

All of my new artwork shall be featured over on my store blog:


I look forward to introducing you also to a few of my favorite farming magazines and articles. In addition, my favorite group of young farmers over at the National Young Farmers Coalition <3 font="font">

……………..

Well, lets get right into it ehh?:)

Fall seems to be coming a bit early here on the Plains. Of course I fear for my fall plants being threatened with just too much frost, but with our random Oklahoma Weather, I bet we will get a few more heat waves…. It being as cold as it is so darn fast, It allows you to appreciate those lovely cottage days of slight warmth and abundant sunshine… The day that I got back from my Oregon Fishing/camping/harvesting/cider making/flower picking/river wading and picnicking vacation, it was very cold… & my day simply went into the compost pile….All I could hope for is that it would grow into something lovely, green, flowering and fruiting..

It all started when I got off the Plane…. My forehead and my neck were feeling very sore, & not often do I feel acheing… Well, when I looked in the mirror inside the airport bathroom, a glorious rash that looked like blisters had set in on my forehead and my entire neck, and trailed down my back… Then upon further investigation, I used Cat Shampoo by accident...

Just Lovely…

My dadio was picking me up at the airport and wanted to take me to the emergency room, since I have never in my whole life had an allergic reaction to anything, but I said lets wait and see what it looks like in the morning..

It was worse in the morn..

We went to the doctor and he gave me a potent shot and prescribed me Steroids..

“Steroids…what will Steroids do to me Doctor?”

“Well miss Lamb, you might feel a bit flushed…”

Hhahahahahahahahahah…

HAHA..
Ha……

A bit flushed ehh doctor? I finally arrived home to lovely EBA early in the morn because I was supposed to wait on the sheep shearer and I just could not wait to see my animals… I had missed them soooooo much… Especially my Harold Of course <3 font="font">



The shearer was a no show and no call…. But I was still ok, because I got to give kisses to all of my animals. After unloading my car though, I began to feel very hot… Oh, this is what he must of meant by me feeling flushed… I braced myself upon the wooden counter and felt as if I was swimming in heat…

…& I began to feel a bit feisty…

I described it as feeling every emotion these Foxes by Dima Rebus felt…



I wanted to dance but also wanted to sleep….

I honestly wanted to kiss somebody for no particular reason…

(I know..I know… Cool your spurs Sam Lamb)

After working for a strait 10 hours in the art studio and then doing some more farm work, I crashed very hard into my comforters…

But, the worst thought in this sweet old world is waking up at 3am as the wind is howling and cold rain is spitting down your windowpanes….

Did I tie that wire around that gate to the corral?

I scrambled out of bed in my flannel shirt and tossed on my rain boots while flying out the door… Sure enough, no I had not…

My milk cows are on the loose!!!


…& it is raining and it is cold and I am on steroids and baby Coriander is probably out there cold and could be lost and I let my cousins cow out and I am crying so hard that I feel natious… So I threw up… Then I jumped in my pickup and went looking for the cows… no show.. no show… no sight…For all I know they could be miles away and baby Cor is not even tagged!!

So, I did what I thought was responsible and drove into town to ask around.. it was early morn and the Kozy Diner should be full of farmers and so would the Farm & Garden…

Mind you, I am on Steroids at this point and still have a rash because of the dang cat Shampoo.. I am very emotional… and sensitive…

I first walk into the Farm & Garden, and no sooner do I try to speak do I start sobbing… it is hard to get the words out of my mouth… I tried to cover up the sobbing with an Apple, but that did not work… poor guys did not know what to say, but they sure were kind to me and said that they would tell everyone to keep an eye out for Ohio..

Next, I went to the Kozy diner.. I was happier than a peach to see the old men, but yet again, I could not stop crying… I explained to the waitress what I needed to say, and she helped me relay it to the old men.. Of course they made me feel better with their kind words  and some of them even jumped right into their pickups and went to look for my lost Ohio…

I made the trip back to the farm with my tear stained face and half eaten apple… I could not help but imagine the worst case scenarios for my sweet girl, but I had hope beyond hope that she was aok.. as sure as the day… not two miles away from my farm in a black angus field, there she was with her baby… Standing next to a huge Black Angus bull… I jumped out of my truck and began to dance around in circles and then cried a bit and then pointed at Ohio and then at the Black Angus bull and yelled “Really Ohio!! This guy!!” …. The hotwire she had jumped over was down because of the storm and her and Cor were just hanging out… eating grass….

I walked Ohio home with her lead…. I passed three of the farmers who had gone out to find her on my way homeJ they had big smiles and shaking heads of oh dear as if they were fall trees shedding their leaves… I had the opportunity to tell Ohio about my trip and the other cows I met, about the other farmers I met… I told her how much I loved her and how much I missed her… and how I hoped beyond hope that she was not knocked up by that dang Black Angus…

Just another day at EBA…

Stay tuned my loves for more adventures from the farm and know that I sure do love you..

Cheers, Beards & Banjos

Yours Truly,

Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

1 comment:

Erica said...

love this Sam!! could feel the rain on my face as you were out lookin' for your lovelies!

Glad everyone is safe and sound,

Erica