Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Monday and that means picnic tables:)

Helllllooooo little bear cubs and brown birds in the trees (which ever you can associate yourself with more?:)



I like going to Lowes....I in fact LOVE going to lowes:) I break out my sketch book and scribble ides in it for new projects around the farm.... I walk through the lumber isles and try to see if i can identify a wood just by it's smell:) I goo over to the 2x2 section and try to find unique squares of birch or oak & such.... nothing like a unique grain to make a day more lovely....& I walk around the greenhouse & look for half prie plants I can bring back to life (I also lust after their greenhouses...one day...one day)....But I just find it to be a whole-hearted place where life intwines with hard work and the whole idea of our roots being a homestead onto which we live through and build upon:)

In that same note....I had been staring at their unfinished pine tables now for a long table and they went on sale:) A AMAZING sale because the table I found had defects but nothing i can not fix myself :)

I have yet to take captures of it, but I will once I have finished staining it and such...but yes...I am the proud owner of a picnic table..Yayyy:) Perfect for Autumn coffee looking out at the pasture:)


................
In other news..... I will be making T-shirts:)
Yap Yap Yap...i have heard your random requests and I am trying to accomplish them:)

They will of course be very fun...Something with Banjo's and Oklahoma and such.... if you have anything special in mind for a t-shirt...I am open for your ideas:) Just thought it would be fun:)

...& of course I haft to involve this guy:)



Yes....he name in Branford and he is supposed to be sideways:) he was created by my friend Asia Cole:) What a little man:)

........................................

...& do not forget...I have Zee big news to announce on the morrow...Yikes...Yikes... It should be interesting:) I look forward to sharing with you all

Cheers, Beards & Evergreen

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

4 comments:

Carolina Elizabeth said...

My dad has been an upholsterer since he was about 14 years old, and the smell of saw dust is a constant in my memories. That smell that hits my heart as I walk into Lowe's springs up memories of growing up. I love it. Of course, I also enjoy and gooing over all the possibilities. It's nice to know someone else understands that, too. Although, that Lowe's has a weekly visit from my Dad, I don't think he enjoys it as much as I.

Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb said...

Carolina- Ooohhh I hear you:) I enjoy old gas stations because it smells like my Grandpa :) Deisel and hard work :)

Anonymous said...

that is such a good idea, taking a sketch book to a place like lowes! i always get inspired at such places as well, but for some reason dismiss it...maybe i get overwhelmed by monumental ideas...but perhaps a notebook would help me contain it. thank you for that!

can't wait to see the t-shirts! xo

Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb said...

Terrallectualism- I am glad I can cue your creativity ..Ooohhh yes it can be intense:) I can not WAIT to get those t-shirts done:) Lovely Lovely:)