Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I have been Eating Pumpkin Pie...

Hello my Darlin Dears, Fellow meadow creatures who are building nests in my wood pile & the adorable Gnomes who helped me press the apples for Cider,

Miss Lamb your Pumpkin Pie loving farmer here,

So....you may have been wondering where I have been...

Ten pounds later....5 different pie recipes... I have made the perfect pumpkin pie..

At least in my sweet old world...

I should know because I ate a little over half of that one:)

So yes...I tried many different recipes and I believe I have created for you the best, made from scratch, Pumpkin Pie:)

I am one serious peach....just for you Darlin Dears I ate my way through 5 pies:)

Hard work....

So here it is Darlin Dears:)



*Early Bird Acres Pumpkin Pie*

You shall need:)

*One Deep Dish Pie Pan

*1 Lovely Crust (pick a savory recipe)

*3 cups of pumpkin pulp from a sugar pumpkin (I picked three small one from the garden)

*1 cup of heavy cream

*2 Tablespoons of Spiced Cider

*3 Tablespoons of Sour Cream

*1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar

*1/3 cup white sugar

*3 eggs

*2 Teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice

*1 teaspoon ground ginger

*1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

*1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

*3 teaspoons of cinnamon

Making your 3 cups of pumpkin..

Cut your pumpkins in half and scoop out the seeds and stringy bit... (keep seeds of course...& bake em!!)... place halves of pumpkin face down in a glass casserole dish, and add two cups of water...bake the pumpkin in the oven at 350 until the outside is oh so slightly golden brown....Take out the pumpkin, and scoop out the flesh:)

Steps my Love:

#1. Butter Pie plate

#2. Pre-heat oven to *450

#3. Mix sugars, spices and cream into pumpkin

#4. Beat Eggs into the pumpkin

#5. Stir in the cream, sour cream & spiced cider until well swirled

#6. Pour into deep pie shell

#7. Bake your pie for 7 minutes at *450 and then decrease your temp to *350 for 40-55 minutes, until your crust is a deep gold and you can run a butter knife cleanly through the center:)

......Then eat the darn pie with whip cream from your closest milk cow:)



You folks should make this and let me know how it turns out for you:)

I really do love you folks:)

Long wooden tables, beeswax candles & lovely fall dinners,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: