Friday, October 21, 2011

Oregon Apple Pie:)

Hello my Darlin Dears, fellow meadow creatures whom like watching their breath steam into the cold as I do & those helpful Gnomes who helped me move hay this morn,

Your Fall dish adorning Farmer here:)

As most of you know, I am a pie maker....

I make a pie every day in fact:)

As per many requests via post and e-mail, I am going to do a blog series on all of my favorite pies:)

Prep-
*Butter up your pie pan
*Pre-heat oven to 370

First up, is my favorite Apple Pie Recipe of my own making:)



*First...use your favorite crust recipe & make sure you prepare enough for not only your bottom crust, but your many hearts on top:) This is a more savory apple pie, so I simply use a classic crisco, butter and flour combo:) Once you have your crust down, sprinkle some cinnamon, brown sugar & white sugar on the bottom:)


*Second...Cut up at least 4 red variety of apples...I like to use 2 Gala Apples & 2 Jonathan Apples (these were what in harvest when I was in Oregon a few weeks ago, hence the name of the pie)...



*Third is the lovely drizzle/filling.... this is made by melting together 1 cup of butter, 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar & 1/4 the cup of white sugar....this should all be melted together over medium heat in a sauce pan....once it is all melted together, add 4 tabelspoons of flour and heat until Caramel like:)


*Fourth....Oohhhh the hearts:) Take your favorite heart cookie cutter, or any shape at that, & stamp out enough hearts to cover the top of your pie:) Once you have covered your pie in hearts, sprinkle a bit of white sugar and cinnamon over them:)


Bake the pie for 60 minutes @370 :) or until golden brown:)

Funny enough, the pie was eaten before I was able to take a final capture of it:) Maybe the next pie will have a picture taken of it:)

Stayed tuned for our next pie, my classic "Oklahoma Pumpkin Patch Pie" & let me know how your own apple pie turns out:)

Collecting firewood, picking pumpkins & making coffee on the stove top,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: