Monday, July 2, 2012

Coriander & Caring


Hello my darlin dears, wonderful meadow creatures that abide in the sheep pasture & you very helpful Gnomes that help me pick off the tiny Coriander seeds from the Cilantro stalk,

Miss Lamb your girl of the mountains & very green farmer here,

Goodness gracious…. I sure as the day had a feeling…

I made a little adventure up to lovely OKC for Sunday, but no sooner did I finish a late Lunch did I haft to race home because I just knew Ohio was going into labor…

When I brought Ohio to EBA a year and a few months ago, I was told by the woman who brought her into this world and who also helped Ohio with her first calf, that she stays in Labor for quite a while…. & just as I expected, not much more has happened except for her loosening a bit more in the back (sorry folks…it is just what happens & it is just what you think:)

The Father to Ohio’s new baby is Waldo…. A very stout and muscular mini Black Angus… a lowline black Angus if you willJ That is what my parents raise… Lowline cattle.. They brought Waldo down here to run with Ohio for a while, and as sure as the day, he did his Job:)

I am hoping for a girl, but I will be happy with whatever…

If it is a girl, I will name her Wisconsin, & if it is a boy, I will name him Coriander ….for short it will be Winnie & Cor …..

I will keep you all up to date on the baby calf, & lets just all hope for a happy family very soon!!

…………………..


Speaking of Coriander, I wrote a new article for Twenty-Something magazine called “Coriander & Caring” & I am very excited about it… in it, I simply speak the truth about food and every persons involvement with it in this sweet old world… Yall should go check it out…. Here is an Expert…

“Taking interest in a everyday thing such as food should not be something nonchalant in these days of change and big-time farmers that flood our society with foods that should never go in ones diet. I want your hands to be covered in earth. Every individual should take interest in the young farmers of your state (mind you… you do not haft to be young to be a young farmer. I know an 87 year young woman who is a young farmer) and encourage whole-hearted practices, because this is YOUR food I speak of. This is your future that we are tilling and tending. These acres will be feeding and fueling your children’s future.”

…& It is not to late to help me out with my “Letter To Lucas” project…read more about it here my loves…

I hope you are all having a lovely day and I send a kiss to each of your foreheads…

Foraging, Frolicing & Friends that love your cooking,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: