Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cover Your Hands In Dirt I Say:)



Hello my Darlin dears, wonderful meadow creatures that sleep amongst the cucumbers & Melons, & you wonderful Gnomes who might not be all that great at building fence, but they are good at making a good lavender lemonade to enjoy while doing so:)

Miss Lamb your girl of the meadow and farmer of cheese here,

Well, I have a favor to ask...

It is one that helps not only me, but has the potential to help nearly every farmer in the state of Oklahoma & beyond....

I would like for you to write a letter:)

A Letter to Congressman Frank Lucas:)

As I have discussed many times here on the EBA Chronicles, we are on the precipice of the Farm Bill, and the representative in my region of the state, and the Chairman of the Ag Committee in congress happens to be Frank Lucas...

What I have been asking a few of my farmer friends, and other individuals who believe in good/ whole-hearted food, is to sign a mass letter I wrote. It shall be hand delivered to Congressman Frank Lucas & WILL be read. BELEIVE me so... My time is very valuable to me and I do not invest in futile and half-hearted efforts... my whole heart was buried long ago in the dirt of Oklahoma, and I have given myself over to rich and thriving growth... just call me an Orchard...

Not only can you print out the letter, that I will send to you if you simply email me:
samantha@youngfarmers.org
Or
earlybirdacres@gmail.com

...& then sign the letter, but I encourage you as either a farmer or a believer in good sustainable food to write a personal note to Frank about you and your life, and tell him what Sustainable Farming means to you... & if you yourself are a young farmer (you do not haft to be young to be a young farmer... just new to farming) or know a young farmer, explain to Frank the importance of them to you:)

Also, include a picture of yourself or your whole family... if you have one while farming, that would be great:)

Once you have the letter, your note & your capture... simply mail it to me at:

Samantha Lamb
Early Bird Acres
RR#1 Box 126
Hobart, Ok. 73651

.... I shall be bundling them all up in one readable packet for Congressman Frank Lucas, & making duplicates for his two offices...I am one serious peach folks:)

If you simply want to send over your pic & note via e-mail, you are also welcome do that.. I would be more than happy to print them out & include them in the packet:)


The Ag Committee goes back into legislation around the 14th, so I really really REALLY need these ASAP... just sit down with your cup of coffee...or tea... or your during of choice, write your not, include a pic....& send it my way loves:)


Cover your hands in a bit of dirt:) you can email me with any question loves... I mean it... this as sure as the day can make a impression...

Dirt is the theme for the next week by the way... be expecting a post nearly every day:)



I love you and so does this land:)


Morning, Milk Pails & waiting for Ohio to Freshen,


Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: