Monday, May 30, 2011

Fiber & Animal Welfare Approved :)

My sweet Meadow Creatures, Gnomes in the pasture & the only other Bear Rabbit/ Sweet Basil, whom I love, in this world,


Hello there:)

Things have been trying to thrive here at the farm...I had my first Squash flower blossom this morn:) It was tiny, but it was lovely & yellow:)

...& I am very excited that the garden has managed to be weathered, but has come back that much stronger because of it's hard ships:)

The first day of the farmers market is this Wednesday. I plan on making some cheese cake from scratch (actual cream cheese from my cow Ohio), Amish Friendship bread (Amazing Amish Starter...soooo good), Pumpkin bread from some canned pumpkin from last fall, chocolate chip cookies from scratch, Honey from the mountains, Pecan Pie and a peach pie:)

....if you want it my loves, come to lovely Hobart on Wednesday at 8am:)

Good stuff:)

Soon, I will start in on making Mozzarella :) ooohh so good:)

.....................................

A few weeks ago, I participated in Fiber Fest in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I can no tell you how much fun I had!!:)

So...thank you to all who came out to the show:)

Especially the lovely Erin Merryweather, who is one of the amazing women who created and helps put on The Girlie Show. She also brought along her hilarious son Flynn :)



If you would like to know more about Fiber Fest, please go here:)

............................................

Now...I would like to talk to you about my animals:)


My animals are like family here at Early Bird Acres. They really are....

..& I am glad I finally found a lovely society that can sing about that:)



Animal Welfare Approved :)

They can come to my farm, look around at how I run it, and I can finally show how my animals are treated:) & people shall know what they are getting when they buy a Early Bird Acres product:)

I am going to apply after I get my goats and pigs, so those too can be identified as fellow family members :)

..............................................

The picture of the day is "Early August With...You" :)



Wish me luck in the next few weeks, and send my plants lots of good thoughts:)

I really do love you:) & just adore the word "Hope"...

Future Picnics, Your Garden and Fennel Plants that speak to the two of us,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: