Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Girl Like The Orchard, Orchard Like The Girl

Hello my Darlin Dears, the smart meadow creatures who have been harvesting and keeping seeds and those oh so kind Gnomes who helped me plant potatoes today:)

Miss Lamb your ground tilling farmer here:)

So....I have been hard at work on a little project my darlin dears:)

It is part installation and part gallery show:)

"Girl Like The Orchard, Orchard Like The Girl"



A 7ftx7ftx7ft square, made of whole branches of polished Red Cedar, will be covered in multiple colors of string....thousands upon thousands of feet of string:) In addition, over 3 thousand handkerchiefs will cover the lengths of string:) A large pillar of antique light bulbs will be set in the center to create a pulsating glow of morning-light that will back-light the antique and loved on Handkerchiefs :) This structure will also be scattered with antique magnifying glasses of various colors and sizes:) Makes you look a bit closer ;)

It is all growing and such...& the shows shall be kept quiet until they draw a bit closer:)

...But....I need more HANDKERCHIEFS!!:)

If you have any antique Handkerchiefs, please send them my way:)

Here is my snail mail:

Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb
Early Bird Acres
RR#1 Box 126
Hobart, Ok. 73651





...You will receive a lovely gift in return :) A very fun surprise:)

But please...PLEASE send your Handkerchiefs :) My project will not be near as epic as it could be if I do not have a beatific amount of Handkerchiefs :)

...& if you were beyond kind, please mention to your own blog readers about this lovely project of mine:) If you do so, let me know...I have something special for you also:)

I hope you darlin dears have an amazing day & I send my love your way...a special kiss for your forehead:)

Berries, Bears & fall camp fires,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: