Friday, December 16, 2011

Baking Powder Drop Biscuits :)

Hello my Darlin Dears, my furry Meadow Creatures & The Oh so kind Gnomes who helped me catch the cows this morn when they got out,

Miss Lamb your oh so busy and baking farmer here:)

As part of my random Recipie collection here at Early Bird Acres, I am posting my favorite family Recipe for Baking Powder Drop Biscuits :)



Here is what you shall need:)

Ingredients

2 cups of Spelt Flour (or bread flour if you do not have it:)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 cup chilled butter, diced very well
1 cup whole milk

Here is how you perform this lovely magic:)

Directions:

*Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

*Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. I sift it all together multiple times (ladies and gents...a flour sifter is your best friend:)

* Cut in the cold butter with a knife. I actually shave the very cold butter so it will be as fine as possible.

* Add milk a little at a time, stirring lightly between additions.

*Drop the batter by spoonfuls into a muffin pan, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are golden. I like mine slightly more doughy inside, so I usually turn off the heat around 10 minutes and let them bake with the oven door open for the last two or so...(I know...Random...but it works)...

I make a classic sausage, biscuits and gravy with these...but you my darlin dears can add maple syrup to make them sweet or cranberries to make them festive:) Your choice:)

Did you know that I love you?:)

Maple Syrup, Epic Trees & the bears that took me as their own,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: