Friday, July 15, 2011

I was raised by Wolves:)

Heeelllooooo my Darlin Dears, Fellow Gnomes that love wild blackberries & meadow creatures of the big timber,

Miss Lamb your scruf loving and pecan picking farmer here.

When I was young, I often talked to animals...

It started with simple things, such as our family dog....

But then it became meadow rabbits...

....then eventually Wolves:)

Often when camping up north with my family, I would sit on the edge of the forest, while crossing my legs and holding the hem of my dress tight against my legs...

I would always have a bundle of flowers...

Just waiting...

An old man had once told me, 7 year old me, "You get this look in your eyes girl...a look that talks to Wolves...I believe you were raised by Wolves"

I had it set in my mind that I was really raised by wolves...

Did I mention that I was a very odd child...?

So, I would sit on the edge of the Forest, and wait patiently with my flowers of the forest, to talk to the Wolves..

I would say things into the dappled green and big timbe....comment on the lovely day...my current state of mind..

Once I saw one... It just stared...

Then I wondered if that is what I looked like to that old man:)

I have went from talking to wolves, to being mauled in wide open meadows by bears, to again talking to wolves....this time knowing what I look like to that man... A happiness born of nature and all that is joy:)

Here is a portrait of me when I was young...I could only assume it is me:)



Hope you enjoyed this love Anecdote from the pathless meadow of my brain:)

...................................................

The Capture Of The Day Is:

"Knowing Your Sweet Laugh, As Well As Your Smile"




Oh....& thank you to a certain Bear Rabbit for the flowers...they truly make me feel like the morning:)





Did you know I love you?:)

Your Truly,

Not laughing while you learn to fly fish, Singing Oklahoma & Water from my well,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

2 comments:

Whitney said...

This gave me the biggest smile.

Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb said...

Whitney:)- Your comment made me happier than a peach:)