Tuesday, March 20, 2012

That Old Wooden Stump, Stained in blood...

Hello my Darlin Dears, wonderful meadow creatures that chase small bugs through the flowers & you festive Gnomes who are making preparations for our mini “first day of spring” celebration,

For them though, every day is the first day of spring,

Miss Lamb here your Sam Cooke loving farmer here,

Well, the time has come for the large rooster here at Early Bird Acres.

As you might have guessed, I am a meat eater...


You could say I was raised by Wolves... I ran with them through open fields & entwined flowers in their fur :)

I am the girl that always asks for my meat as rare as possible....

Wanting to be a conscious meat eater, this Thursday I am loading up the flock of Roosters and headed down to good old Walnut Creek Farms to have Farmer Andy help me with chicken slaughter.



They had a great life, & they as sure as the day will make great soup, grilled chicken, Sunday Fried chicken, brie stuffed chicken, pesto and wine smeared chicken… it goes on and on…

Hahah… I recently made a playlist for a special picnic I had…. It was full of Sam Cooke & Otis Redding… I was trying to only make more smiles ….

What kind of playlist do you make for chicken slaughter…

Gillian Welch seems soothing yet strong..

Ray Lamontagne might ease a chicken soul into the next life…

I might get to emotional if I put on J Tillman…

Maybe I will just stick with my bluegrass classics… a little Stanley Brothers…. Maybe Monroe… Roscoe would put a spring in my hatchet hand…

Any suggestions ?:)

Well, I am of to go and forage for some wild greens & know this…

As sure as the day, I do love you…

Open Books, patterned quilts & tomahawks,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: