Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My new Spring Dress... A Dress Born of Cottage & Wayfaring Curls :)

Hello my darlin dears, feathered meadow creatures whom build their nests from wild flowers & you precious Gnomes whom have been weaving wreaths of flowers and sweet grass for my hair,

Miss Lamb you pastel adorned & peachy farmer here,

I turned a corner, & it was simply hanging there…



A few weekends ago, I hosted a few friends here at the homestead and we decided to head up towards Blair, Oklahoma & visit the amazing Three R’s School House antique shop☺

Deanne & Tom are the owners, & I sure do love them…they have always treated me very kind from the very first day I met them… in fact, the first day I met them, they gave me baby butter, whom was born in the back of the shop ☺

Of all the times I have been there, never had I seen it…

If I had, maybe my days would have been different…

A dress..

The perfect dress for me actually ☺

Meet… my new dress…



I am calling it “A Girl of 27 & Peach Trees” dress….

I took it down from it’s low lit corner very slowly and very quickly began to remove my clothes, to only realize I was in a public place & not at my homestead…. Ha!.. I straightened my gingham dress quickly and found Deanne, so she could direct me towards a private place to try on the dress…
I slowly slipped it on and made care to guide the built in slip and crepe like fabric over my arms and chest, then gently zip up my side…

It fit perfectly….





I twirled on my lonesome and took a moment to steal a glance at myself in a dusty mirror leaning up against a wall…

I felt like my art honestly…. I felt truly lovely and thriving and felt like everything will turn out just splendid…. That people are going to be the way they wish to be, & I can choose to twirl, and have my picnics without hesitation…

I made my down the wooden stairs and swept out the small door to show off my new find to all of my friends & the on looking customers…

Then the Grandma closest to me took the time to pull the hem of the dress of out my little blue cotton underwear…. That always happens to me..

We all laughed & I found the closest shay like lounge and played southern bell upon its length…

I shall never go hungry again!!

Fiddle da de !!

All in all, a lovely trip…. I even got a ridiculously low price on the dress, which was great, because I could not afford it in the first place!!







I will be taking my new bio pics in it very soon, because I have some shows coming up out of state, but until then, enjoy these shots ☺


Speaking of shows out of state, I am taking fictional applications for farm babysitters… just call me or e-mail me at earlybirdacres@gmail.com if interested… you need skills in milking and tending to young sheep & chickens….& watering… & weed picking… & can not be scared of holding a chicken ☺

I send lots of morning sunshine and love your way,

Lilacs, Lavender & the man who brings you a picnic,

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

2 comments:

AnnieDrews said...

I can't wait to see in all your beautiful youthful glory in your new dress!!

Kaleen said...

It's lovely Sam! I can't wait to see your new bio pics. I'm sure you will be stunning!