Wednesday, September 8, 2010

O' The Roses!:)

Roses......

Peach colored Roses....

Primroses....

Hemlock and Primroses....

Roses in the bramble....

Cheeks and lips like roses....

I adore fresh roses........


There is really nothing like finding that someone has brought you flowers....really there isn't....maybe it is close to falling in love and the newness of it all... the lovely light filled thoughts that linger at your lips and chest.... I just adore it:)

As much as I love Tulips and buttercups and such...a classic cream or peach rose steals my heart...their softness.. the curves..the smell... the reminder of spring and moments in which i can not blog (hehe)...

This is a kind reminder to all of you out there to spread the love and give flowers... they are lovely and kind... Flowers are never limited to lovers...they can be given to friends and family and such....

That brings me to another song written Kindly by my amazing friend Brine Webb for The Perpetual Picnic series....it is called O' The Roses! and warms my heart at every note:)

Listen right here my loves:)

...............................................

Today on the farm it is raining up a storm...instead of editing captures, I am finishing up some tiny glass shadow boxes and editing my book ...(I am having a book published this next spring...all very exciting)...

I wanted to share an excerpt from chapter 9...just a short bit.... I know it will not make complete sense you do not know the chatachters yet and such, nor the plot......but just know the narrator is the main charachter Amelia, and Papa Oak is her father...and the lumber yard crew is 3 old men who are her best friends who work at the lumber yard and Benny is a boy who is her age... she is 26 while telling the story, but about 7 when the story takes place..She is also at the same time detangling a Fallow Deers leg from some barb wire..

.................................................

.........The fact is, I had been thinking about Papa’s health and age a lot. Everyone knew that his illness had taken a turn towards something that takes time, instead of keeping it steady. I knew it, and I should have been more inquisitive.

........ When a reality other than the one desired is laid before you, I feel as if you feel it first in your chest. A heaviness that makes you pause. A weight like a stone that could drown you in any river if you let it; if you dwell on it. I had circled this weight for months now, but never let it touch me. Occasionally, I placed my palm upon it’s surface, but never picked it up to see just how much it might weigh, or hurt. Here, in this glowing barn, I let it fall upon me like a constant thunder upon a hill. Full of it’s permeating sound and other-worldlyness.

........ I realized I could go on crying and complaining and worrying about my Papa Oak, but that will not help nor heal. I also saw clearly what he wanted for me. He wanted me to have the lovely moments he has had through his years. Finding love, raising children, sharing life with others and loving a life given more than lips can say.

For some reason I was reminded of the night when Papa Oak and I made our own constellations. We managed to tether along the lumber yard boys and Benny into the forest, and took with us a generator and a dozen or so strands of bulbs. We did all of this just because Papa Oak told me “You hang the stars in the night when you live a life with love.”
....... I told him “You can’t hang stars Papa Oak. They are to far up there.”
...... He decide to prove it to me. We hung these yellow lights with hearts of filament amongst the trees, and then spread out quilts under their display to name our own constellations and find our own shapes. I looked to my illuminated left and right to see nothing but smiles, and realized that we really had hung the stars.

........I finished cutting away the wire from the Deer’s leg and tossed it’s bloody metal length to the side. About that time, Marigold knocked on the side of the barn. “Come on in” I yelled while keeping my eyes on Papa Oak. I could yell at him even more and I could steadfastly watch him without blinking until the end of his life, but all I did was nod my head in agreement and place my hand atop his forehead in a silent promise.


................................................

Yayy......Hope you enjoyed it:)

I plan on later today editing some captures and doing some updating on my web-site...I will let you all know about what is new and such right away:)

...I am also very excited to head up to the city this weekend to hang out with this man for a lovely morning in the Studio:



Sorry Andy....I stole it from your facebook:)


...& then afterwords, I am going to a CD release party for this bearded fiddle players Gypsy band he is in:)



After that we are headed to Arkansas to a bluegrass festival he is playing...I am just happy all around about that trip:)


So...I send lots of love your way my Darlin dears..& remember.... love life....because if you look around....it is obvious how it aches to love you..

Cheers, Beards & O' The Roses!

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

No comments: