Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hey you... get out of the rain fluff ball:)

Hello my Darlin Dears, wonderful meadow creatures that like nesting in long forgotten clay pots & you wonderful Gnomes who ate 2 of the three pies I had made for mothers day (strawberry cream cheese pie),


Yumm:)


Miss Lamb your flower adorned & potato harvesting farmer here,


Being a farmer & with that, trying to practice the most loving animal Husbandry possible, I get up a lot through the night to go and casually check on the homestead....


Here in lovely SW Oklahoma, we have been getting a lovely amount of rain... all of yesterday & yesterday night, it rained about a total of 2 1/2 inches... very cold rain at that...


Just two days ago, I became the mother too 30 baby day old chicks (welcome to the world baby chicks) & they went to go and live with the baby ducks:) They all quickly became great friends, but then the rain came....


Half of the baby duck/chicken coop is covered from the rain, & the other half is exposed to the lovely sunshine, & rain if it happens... I woke up at my normal 4:30 am & went out to check on the babies, and saw that two of the little ones were huddled next to one another and soaking to their little tiny baby bones...


I quickly scooped them up and questioned them as I ran into the house "Why did you little ones not go under the light with your friends?"


A little back story on these two... ever since they were hatched, they have been inseparable :) They would eat together, drink together, confront ducks together... all that best friends do... & now these two day old babies were standing in the rain together and nearly freezing themselves out of a spirit...


I ran inside and took out the blow dryer, where they stood under as if holy and absorbed the heat... I then took them over to my work desk and let them sleep in a bit of Lambs wool for an hour or so.. I was just hoping they were going to survive.... No sooner had I left the art studio did I hear cheeping from behind the door.. I walked back in to find the fluff balls eating and then staring at me:)


I hope they consider me part of the pack now:)


Here they are posing for my I-Pad camera on my art studio work desk... all dry now...
I think it says it all:) Best friends forever... Rain or Shine:)

I hope you all in the world of Spring are having great times and experiencing lovely Joy with your baby chickens & baby ducks. 

I hope you all have a wonderful mothers day:) In my family, we give tomato plants on mothers day:) I just adore traditions....

I send a kiss to each of your foreheads :)

Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb

2 comments:

Briana Shepley said...

They are absolutely adorable :)

P.S. Giving my mom one of your prints for Mom's Day! :)

Vickie said...

that is so utterly adorable :)