Saturday, May 19, 2012

Strawberry Fields...until the birds eat them:)

Hello my Darlin Dears, wonderful meadow creatures that sing in the North pasture & you hilarious Gnomes whom have befriended a group of three bunnies in the east pasture...we named them Eggs, Sweet William & Chubs:)


Miss Lamb your girl of the garden farmer here,


Ohhhh Strawberries:) how I love thee:)


but you lovely birds like to eat them:)


So, while they are here, I have been having a great time cooking with them:)


Thus, you must meet my lovely:
"EBA Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie"





Here is what you will need:)


*1 Deep shelled Pie Crust (Or make your own to taste if you please...this is what I usually do, so it will be extra thick & hearty)
*2 1/2 eggs (yes.... 2 & 1/2 eggs)
*1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
*1 cup of white sugar
*2 1/2 packages of Philly cream cheese
*1 tablespoon of Vanilla
*2 quarts worth of Strawberries (I usually end up eat most of one quart while I am cooking:)


Directions:
 *On stove top, melt & begin to whip two of the packages of the cream cheese. Once semi melted, add your white sugar (2/3 cup), cream & eggs... (yes... 2 1/2) to the lovely mixture. Once thick & pourable consistency swirl in the delicious Vanilla .


*Pour and evenly spread your delicious cream cheese mixture inside of pie shell... bake this mixture at 350 until your pie looks slightly fluffy and slightly brown.


*While that yummyness is baking, cut the tops off of your lovely garden or farmers market Strawberries, & feed those tops to the Chickens:) Place them aside. Then take your last half of your cream cheese and melt it with 1/3 cup of white sugar, to make a lovely cream cheese sauce.


*Once your pie in done, taking from oven and arrange your Strawberries as seen in the lovely picture. I like to make a ring of Strawberries, pour on the cream cheese sauce, then add the center Strawberries:) 


*If you really feel like being fanciful, go pick a few Strawberry Flowers & Strawberry leaves from your garden or from the garden next door when they are not looking, and arrange them on your pie.  Chill for at least an Hour, then serve my Darlin Dears.




....................................................


Once yall cook this Recipe, let me know what you think:)


I wish you all a lovely Weekend, & I send my love your way:)


Lilacs, Maple trees & the swing on which I swung,


Miss Samantha Joelle Honey Lamb


P.S...Be Looking for a few Recipes with Pumpkin Blossoms & Strawberry Jam:)




No comments: